Wednesday 17 December 2014

Light Bulbles

Upcycling old light bulbs into baubles

It's the most wonderful time of the year is it not? It is lovely to see all the bright, colourful lights during these dark nights. It certainly helps lift my spirits. But then I am a colourful person. I like to be surrounded by beautiful colours.
There are so many opportunities to work with colour during the Christmas season. And so many creative things to do.
I love all things creative as you have probably already guessed by now. So when The lovely people at lightbulbsdirect asked bloggers to make baubles out of old light bulbs I just had to take part. I have never done anything like this before. I am a complete novice, but then I do like trying new things.
To begin with I gathered all the basic materials needed. I say basic because I tend to get more ideas as I work.

With my two little helpers, my kids I began work. We painted two of the light bulbs with white acrylic paint.


We painted  Christmas trees on one of these light bulbs. The other I used for the body of a Christmas fairy.  I drew a triangular shape on the bulb and spread on glue. And then let the kids loose with the glitter whilst I made the face and the wings. I had some silky cream coloured material from some old clothes. I used this for the face. I cut out to round shapes and stitched these together.
I used yellow yarn for the hair.

I cut out pieces of yarn and stitched these on the face. I put the fittings of the light bulb on the face and secured this with a loom band and some red yarn.
I cut the wings from white felt, spread craft glue on them and sprinkled them with silver glitter.

My little helpers spread craft glue on the other two light bulbs and covered them in glitter.
And here are my finished bulbles.



This is my entry to the light bulbs direct competition. More information can be found here:


http://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/info/competition-xmas-bulble/

http://m.lightbulbs-direct.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment